Central control operation started in 1993 and separated from the operation during 2010 to achieve integration in monitoring trains movement centrally, ensure the safety for operation in all lines, achieve efficiency and safety and regularity and provide the best service to the Cairo metro users. So our important duties are the following:
• adjusting faults scenarios after activating surveillance cameras which allows all central control observers to monitor the passengers status inside the stations before making a decision, as well as using public address in cases of delays to inform passengers about the estimated time to restore trains operation and regularity.
• Using surveillance camera system from the central control room to monitor train operation to retrieve events and learn reactions during the faults management
• Setting train trips schedules according to the daily service which fit with new projects such as (Al Marg – New Al Marg).
• Daily following up the three lines operation and speed of intervention in case of any failures to achieve regularity of operation (train movement) and reduce the time of failure through communication and coordination with the competent technical departments.
• Ensuring safe operation for trains and safety rules according to the regulations.
• Improving shunting period in the transition stations to maintain the headway time and committing to standard operating schedules.
• Following up Passengers' status at the crowded stations through surveillance cameras to take the appropriate decisions.
• Creating different and anticipated crisis scenarios in order to overcome them and eliminate the surprise element.
• Following trains' synchronization at the transition stations at the end of operating.
• Observing trains malfunctions of the three lines and preparing a comprehensive malfunctions report with analyses for each train separately to be submitted to the Train Maintenance Department.
• Incidents analysis to identify the learned lessons and recurrence prevention through training courses via training sector.
• Preparing and implementing operational scenarios and shunting to regulate train traffic and plans.
• Additional brief trips between crowded areas to ease passengers' congestion.
• Measuring rates and performance indicators of central control activities to cope with the company strategic objectives.
• Coordination between all different maintenance departments to implement the daily maintenance program safely after the end of operation also weekly and monthly program set by the various departments.
Increase capacity (availability with efficiency):
Due to the continuous increase in the number of passengers and the inability to reduce the headway because of the available possibilities: the current signal system and control, it was necessary to develop operating schedules to accommodate this increase in order to improve the service and provide comfort for passengers until system development